Fayetteville Wild Hog Wrestling
Location: Fayetteville High School, Wrestling Room
Time: Mondays and Thursdays (5:30 – 7:00 p.m.)
Tuesday practices for advanced-level wrestlers will be by coach invitation.
Practices for the 2018 – 2019 season begin in October!
Sign up for Remind 101 for practice reminders and schedule changes!
If your child is under the age of six, please have a parent or legal guardian at all practices.
Rules of Practice:
- Arrive on time. All wrestlers are required to arrive early and be ready for instruction when their training session is scheduled. Late comers disrupt practice, miss instruction, and put themselves in danger of injury by missing the initial stretching time at the beginning of practice.
- Wear Proper Wrestling Attire. ABSOLUTELY NO SHOES ALLOWED ON THE MAT OTHER THAN WRESTLING SHOES. If you do not have wrestling shoes, purchase them immediately and practice in socks until you have them.
We recommend standard “workout clothes” such as t-shirts and shorts for practice, and ask that there is no loose fitting clothing or pockets on the shorts.
No watches, arm bands, earrings, necklaces, bracelets, piercings, or any other jewelry can be worn during practice. Shirts are always tucked in.
- “The Three ‘B’s:” No Butts, No Backs, No Bellies. Unless directed, wrestlers will not rest by sitting in chairs, lying on their backs or bellies, or sitting on their butts; these habits are unacceptable. Wrestlers are expected to take a knee or stand during rest periods. Note: We will take plenty of water/bathroom breaks during practice; do not leave the mat unless given permission.
- Respect Your Space. Non-wrestlers (ex. siblings, parents, and friends) are not allowed on the mats at any time.
- Respect Your Coaches. When any coach is talking or instructing, there is to be no one else talking and that coach should have complete and undivided respect and attention. Focus is the key to proper learning and development in wrestling. Do not ever speak back to or argue with a coach.